Bedouin Directions - Bedouin Camp - Wadi Rum Protected Area
Bedouin Directions Camp
Our Bedouin Camp, in the heart of the Wadi Rum Protected Area, is small, simple, authentic, & comfortable.
The Camp is in the white desert in a unique and beautiful location, secluded and away from any other tourist camps.
Ideally based for hiking, and lots of interesting desert features within short walking distance of the Camp, waiting to be discovered by you!
We aim to keep things comfortable, in working order and clean, but please do bear in mind this is the desert, and it is camping.
We hope that the location of our Camp; really being able to experience nature, away from the bustle of city life, other tourist camps, & the adventure of experiencing a taste of Bedouin life/ culture will make up for going without some of the things you are used to (i.e chairs, tables, a hot shower).
Our Camp has simple desert bathrooms (with 2 Western toilets, 2 showers). There are Private Bedouin tents to sleep in, a larger social tent to spend the evening in, enjoy your dinner in and a cosy wood fire. In the summer months we usually sit outside in the evenings, and may not make a fire, as it can get too hot.
People who would like to sleep outside under the stars but don't want the full Bivouac Camping option are welcome to take their mattresses and blankets and to sleep outside in the Camp area. This is particularly nice to do in the summer months. If you are not sure where is a good spot, you can ask the guides in the Camp and they will help you.
- We provide mattresses and blankets, we do not provide sheets or towels. You are welcome to bring your own but it is not obligatory.
- We have 3 large Bedouin Tents divided into private rooms (ranging from 2 person - 5 person)
- We have 1 standalone Bedouin tent. This sleeps up to 4 people. This tent would usually be kept for families or groups of friends.
- We would normally accept no more than 35 px in one night. However, this does rarely happen! Usual numbers at a busy time of year would be 5-20 px Xin one night. Or 1-15 px in one night at a quieter time of year.
1 person: 30JD p.p per night (incl. dinner and breakfast) *
2-4 people: 25D p.p per night (incl. dinner and breakfast) **
5+ people: 20JD p.p per night (incl. dinner and breakfast) **
If you would like to stay for dinner without sleeping the rate is 15JD p.p (this is when you are also taking a tour with us).
There are further discounts for groups over 10 people, please contact us for prices.
* Please note that if you are one person staying at the Camp when you are the ONLY other guest the rate for the overnight stay is 50JD. If there are other guests the rate is 30JD.
* Please note these rates are for those guests also doing a tour with us. If you simply want to stay overnight without any kind of tour the rate is +5JD p.p.
We don't charge for cancelling bookings, but we do ask you to pay for the cost of dinner if you cancel or leave at the point when dinner has been prepared or already sent to the Camp with the cook.
If you are cancelling on the same day you are due to arrive we ask you do so before 12pm to prevent dinner being bought or prepared un-necessarily.