Wadi Rum Jeep Tour (6-9 hours)
Once you have arrived in Wadi Rum, we will get organised and I will introduce you to your guide for the day.
When you are ready you will head into the desert by Jeep, to enjoy my Wadi Rum Jeep tour which visits the best and most beautiful areas of Wadi Rum.
This tour offers a great balance of driving, stopping & spending time at each place. There is a relaxed pace to the day and at each stop you have the opportunity to hike, scramble, and explore in your own time & your own way:
1. Lawrence Spring Walk up through rocks and boulders to find the water (and a lovely fig tree to rest under). During spring time you are greeted by the heady smell of herbs.. The view across the Wadi from here is legendary! Optional one hour hike
2. Khazali Canyon This canyon was once used by the local Bedouin to rest in the shade, in the hot summer. You can easily imagine how it would have looked with Bedouin tents, family's resting, drinking tea, and children playing. You can find on the canyon walls many ancient rock inscriptions (See if you can spot the inscriptions of feet, and the Orynx). 15 minute hike
3. Red Sand Dunes This area is very beautiful with many differing colour's of rock and sand. You can climb up the sand dune for the wonderful view at the top. Then we like to jump off it & run down it (some silly people also like to roll down it!). 10/15 minute hike
4. Anfishieh Inscriptions Rock inscriptions of the Camel Caravans on the Anfishieh Jebel from the Thamudic and Nabatean periods. Inscriptions
5. House of Lawrence A Nabatean structure that Lawrence of Arabia (according to hearsay) used during the Great Arab Revolution to store weapons. But without lingering on the possible academia of this site, there is a wonderful view from here. Archaeological interest/viewpoint.
6. Around about now: LUNCH We find a beautiful and quiet place to rest and enjoy some food which your guide will prepare for you. In the summer months the days are long and hot. We have a long leisurely lunch break of approx 2-3 hours in the shade. In the winter months we have a shorter break (around 1 hour) to make the most of the daylight hours.
7. Burdah Arch This natural rock bridge is set high up on the mountain. So on your tour you will just look at it from a distance… Viewpoint.
If you wanted to include this 2-3 hour scramble/ hike in the day please add 35JD to the prices quoted below, this is the cost for the Bedouin guide to go with you to the top of the arch. It can all be done in a day, but you may end up missing the Um Frouth Arch if you finish close to sunset (especially in the shorter days of winter), as the priority is to get to the sunset in time!
8. Um Frouth Arch For some scrambling (or scrambling watching). This is a natural rock bridge, created by many years of water and wind. You can climb to the top… as long as you are not afraid of heights! 10 minute scramble
9. Small Sand Dune There is a wonderful view across the red desert to the white desert from here & this is the best dune for those jumping photographs. 10 minute walk & viewpoint
10. The "Chicken" Rock a unique 2 legged rock in a beautiful location. We often enjoy the sunset from here or stop 9 as they are located in the best position for sunset viewing. Viewpoint.
11. To the Camp : Enjoy a delicious Bedouin dinner, the stars and the night in the desert. In the camp we have Bedouin tents (private), with mattresses and blankets. We have toilets (two Western) and two shower's (cold water/ sun warmed). We have a cosy main tent with a fire for sitting and relaxing in. The Camp is in the white desert in a unique and beautiful location, secluded and away from any other tourist camps.
In the morning after breakfast at approx 7.30am we will return to the village by Jeep, for your onward journey. Usually leaving the Camp at 8am and arriving back by 8.30am. This Jeep transfer is included in the price.
Optional Same Day 'Add' on's
- Burdah Arch Hike/ Scramble (2-3 hours) + 35JD
- 30 Minute Camel Trek with walking guide: 10JD p.p
- 1 Hour Camel Trek: 15JD p.p + optional mounted guide: 15JD
- 2 Hour Camel Trek: 20JD p.p + compulsory mounted guide: 20JD (Nov-Feb check with us first because the day is short)
Prices: One day only
- 1 person: 80JD
- 2 people: 45JD p.p (90JD)
- 3 people: 40JD p.p (120JD)
- 4 people: 35JD p.p (140JD)
- 5 people +: 30JD p.p
The 5JD p.p entrance fee is NOT included. Drinks & Lunch ARE included. No tax is payable, tips are optional, if you feel the guide has done a good job then they are welcome.
Children under 4 yrs: FREE. Please contact us directly for the prices of older children
This tour can start between 9-10am. It can also start later depending on the time of year and the time of the sunset. You need a minimum of 7 hours of available daylight to do the tour.
The tour finishes in Rum village after sunset (time varies throughout the year) but can also finish at approx 3-4pm if you need to finish earlier.
Prices: One day with an overnight stay at the Camp
- 1 person: 100JD
- 2 people: 65JD p.p (130JD)
- 3 people: 60JD p.p (180JD)
- 4 people: 55JD p.p (220JD)
- 5 people: 50JD p.p (250JD)
- 6 people +: 45JD p.p
The 5JD p.p entrance fee is NOT included. Drinks & Lunch ARE included. Dinner & Breakfast ARE included. One nights accommodation in my camp (Private Bedouin tent) IS included.
No tax is payable, tips are optional, if you feel the guide has done a good job then they are welcome.
Children under 4 yrs: FREE. Please contact us directly for the prices of older children.
This tour can start between 9-10am on the arrival day. It can also start later depending on the time of year and the time of the sunset. You need a minimum of 7 hours of available daylight to do the tour.
Or it can start from the Camp on the departure day.
The tour finishes in Rum village (tour taken starting from the Camp) or at the Camp after sunset (time varies throughout the year) but can also finish in Rum village (when taking the tour starting from the Camp) at approx 3-4pm if you need to finish earlier.
We don't charge for cancelling bookings, but we do ask you to pay for the cost of dinner (15JD p.p) if you cancel or leave at the point dinner has been prepared or already sent to the Camp.
If you are cancelling on the same day you are due to arrive we ask you do so before 12pm to prevent dinner being bought or prepared un-necessarily.